To qualify students to understand that the change needed to evolve or even to survive is a prerequisite of the ultimate management technique and is one of the greatest difficulties in the business field.
The organization needs to have their processes and their work team prepared and it needs to be mature enough to very fast adapt itself to the changes and ensure the success of its projects and operations.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Identify the uncertainty areas of the project
- Structure an integrated change control process
- Get support to implement the integrated change process
- Understand and minimize the resistance that comes from the cultural aspects of the informality
- Integrate the changes in project scope, schedule and quality
- Structure the change control board (CCB)
- Course duration [?]
- 16 hours
- Number of participants [?]
- Minimum 20 students per class
- Instructor [?]
- Ricardo Viana Vargas
- Instructor’s assistant [?]
- Target audience
- Project managers, project team members, sponsors and others stakeholders interested in the project management process.
- Project management knowledge
- Language(s) [?]
- Portuguese and English
- Provided by the contractor. Worldwide attendance.
- Certification and PDU [?]
- All training participants will receive a participation certificate with 16 PMI's PDUs.
(PMI R.E.P. activity number: Macro017)
Teaching Methodology Top ↑Ricardo Vargas had developed the market's most awarded dynamics, concerning the projects training.
Ricardo Vargas had developed the market's most awarded dynamics, concerning the projects training.
In this course, the following dynamics will be used:
The courseware to be received by the students will consist of slides, articles and lists of exercises, and it may also contain the following special products by Ricardo Vargas:
- 5 Minutes PM Videocast. Practical classes with Ricardo Vargas. DVD distributed worldwide by Microsoft that celebrates the Microsoft Project 2010 launch.
Exclusive student access area
In addition to the exclusive printed material, all participants will have access to the courseware’s electronic version, to the files of exercises and to the work done in the classroom.
The access is given through the restricted site that is available and prepared by the Macrosolutions team considering each course that we provide. This initiative is a pioneer in the educational market and also anticipates trends related to the documents’ electronic management
Training basic program
- ‣ Course opening
- 1. Introduction to change management
- Understanding the nature and necessity of change
- Influence of external and internal scenario
- Recognizing the uncertainties
- A question of survival
- 2. Organizational processes
- Organizational processes mapping
- Maturity processes diagnosis
- Maturity projects diagnosis
- 3. Planning and implementing a project change management
- Cultural aspects
- Analysis of the organizational strategy
- Gap Analysis
- The role of communication
- The profile of the project implementers of change management
- Organizational Support
- Creating the plan for change management
- Setting performance indicators
- Implementing the project change management
- 4. Obstacles
- Organization culture and defects
- Market and competition
- 5. Keeping the organization on track
- Lessons learned
- Assessment of benefits
- Implement and monitor continuous improvement
- ‣ Course close-out
Supported standards and methodologies
Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK Guide Yes PMI Practice Standard for Estimating — PMI Practice Standard for Earned Value Management — PMI Practice Standard for Configuration Management Yes PMI Practice Standard for Risk Management — PMI Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structure — PMI Practice Standard for Scheduling — PMI Standard for Portfolio Management — PMI Standard for Program Management — PMI Project Manager Development Competency Framework — Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3®) — UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC) PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) Yes MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) — M_O_R (Management of Risks) — P3M3 (Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model) — P3O (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices) — MoP (Management of Portfolios) — MoV (Management of Value) — Scrum Alliance Scrum Methodology Yes International Project Management Association (IPMA) ICB® IPMA Competence Baseline —
Top qualities: Expert, On Time, High Integrity Ricardo is a great professional who is very good at dealing with people. An innate communicator, he achieves high standard results with his influential capacity and wide knowledge of various subjects. It’s truly inspiring to work by his side due to his peculiar way of doing business. He is always up to date and determined in his pursuit to obtain knowledge.
Joaquim Luiz ViannaMRS Logística | Juiz de Fora, Brazil
Ricardo is one of the best trainers on Project Management working in Brazil nowadays. He has done at least two trainings per year for Siemens Brazil in the last 5 years and his approval by the participants is always 100%. I’m sure he is the responsible for our great success in achieving the number of 170 PMPs certified in our group in Brazil. I can finally say that his training worth how much it costs.
Leandro PatahSiemens | São Paulo, Brazil
I consider Ricardo Vargas as a great reference in Project Management in Brazil and worldwide. He inspired me to know and use the PMI proposed practical. Besides, he has entrepeneurial vision and passion for everything he does. It’s always a pleasure to meet him and talk either personal or virtually. Ricardo thinks big and is extremely connected to the subjects concerning to management and to the great market changes, or on the economy and the society. Certainly, he is an outlier professional.
Marcelo BastosBanco do Brasil | São Paulo, Brazil
Ricardo Viana is the most valuable Project Management person that I’ve met. His books and working classes are kind of treasure that you have to meet at least once in your life. Even if you feel not so comfortable about this PM subject, you will notice his capacity to teach lessons about life, work and professionalism. I suggest you to read his books. For sure, you will be able to understand better the PM theme and moreover acquire a little bit from his experience and expertise in this topic.
Marcelo MoulinCitibank | São Paulo, Brazil
I worked with Ricardo Vargas during last HP Services Project Managers Workshop, held in São Paulo, Brazil, on Nov/06. As a company, we were looking for a senior market professional, that could support us with the main goal of improve our PM´s skills and capabilities. HP chose Ricardo as the right professional for this mission. During the workshop, Ricardo presented customized and market updated content, with high quality materials and totally aligned with what was required by us. He covered very important topics related with management of big and complex projects, like leadership and its interfaces with project team and customers; motivational management – dealing with power aspects; management of change, conflict, stress and crisis management; project negotiation techniques – using support tools like MBTI and SDI; and also case study panels, where PMs had the opportunity to share with the team their own delivery experiences. His presentation was superlative and outstanding. He has attention to details, answering all the questions raised by participants during the event, that by the way, had very good satisfaction results. I recommend Ricardo´s consultative services for companies that want good return on their investment and long term partnership.
Ronaldo BassiHP Services | São Paulo, Brazil