In this podcast, Ricardo gives us 5 tips on how to sell the idea of project management to people outside the area, i.e., how we can do the right marketing for people with different perceptions of those from projects managers.
- Do you know what is a Communication Filter or Noise?
- January 27th, 2015
On this episode, Ricardo talks about the attention we must have with how we communicate because the characteristics of personality, culture and values of the receiver can dramatically change the meaning of the original message.
- Directly from the PMI Global Congress North America 2014 in Phoenix - USA
- October 29th, 2014
Ricardo comments on the PMI Global Congress North America, held in October 2014 in Phoenix, Arizona. He highlights the more informal approach of the event and the inspirational talk by former basketball player, Earvin "Magic" Johnson. He also gives (...)
- The Responsibility Assignment Matrix – RACI
- October 22nd, 2014
In this podcast, Ricardo talks about the responsibility assignment matrix – RACI, a very useful information tool in Human Resources, Communications and Stakeholders management. This matrix associate tasks and the people/functions responsible for (...)
- Dealing with a Weak Sponsor/Sponsorship
- September 30th, 2014
In this podcast, Ricardo talks about when a project has sponsorship issues. He explains how to proceed in two scenarios: when there is a sponsor with little interest in the project or when the sponsor does not have enough power to fulfill his role.
- How to keep the Stakeholders informed about the Project Deliverables: The Secret of the Milestones
- July 27th, 2014
In this podcast, Ricardo gives tips on how to create your WBS to better communicate key project deliverables to the project stakeholders.
- Career in Project Management - Part 5 of 5: Ethics, Relationship and Final Messages
- June 2nd, 2014
In this last episode of the series of 5 podcasts on career, Ricardo closes the 10 dimensions of career in project management subject, now addressing the ethics and relationship dimensions. He also gives his final messages about this series.
- Career in Project Management - Part 4 of 5: Flexibility and Self Knowledge
- May 25th, 2014
In this fourth episode of the series of 5 podcasts on career, Ricardo continues talking about the 10 dimensions of career in project management, now addressing the flexibility and self knowledge dimensions. He says that we need to be flexible to (...)
- Career in Project Management - Part 3 of 5: Persistence and Dynamism
- May 19th, 2014
In this third episode of the series of 5 podcasts on career, Ricardo continues talking about the 10 dimensions of career in project management, now addressing the persistence and dynamism dimensions. He says that these two dimensions are crucial to (...)
- Career in Project Management - Part 2 of 5: Focus and Planning
- May 12th, 2014
In this second episode of the podcasts series on career, Ricardo continues talking about the 10 dimensions of career in project management, now addressing the focus and planning dimensions. He explains how to focus and how to plan realistically your (...)
- Career in Project Management - Part 1 of 5: Opening, Experience and Study
- May 5th, 2014
In this podcast, Ricardo begins a special series of five episodes on career in project management. In this series, he will address the perspectives of those who are at the beginning, going through a transition or are looking to expand their horizons. (...)
- How to train your sponsor
- March 12th, 2014
In this podcast, Ricardo addresses one of the biggest challenges in the project environment, how can we educate the sponsor to make a decision based on facts, not just feeling. He also gives tips on how we can escape the dangers in this process.
- Management of Very Small Projects: 2 Practical Management Approaches
- March 4th, 2014
In this podcast, Ricardo talks about two approaches in the management of very small projects. The first approach deals with the management of projects in a cluster. The second seeks to simplify the processes of project management, reducing management (...)
- There is No Good Deal with Those Who are Not Good: The Lack of Good Faith in Projects
- November 25th, 2013
In this podcast, Ricardo talks about a complex situation where a stakeholder, on the client side, refuses to accept deliveries, seeking to impute contractual penalties to the company managing the project. Ricardo shows two actions, on preventive and (...)
- Cultural Differences: Why Awareness and Respect are Vital for the Project Success
- November 20th, 2013
In this podcast, Ricardo talks about the cultural differences within a project environment. He gives valuable tips on how the project manager must address the differences within his team, the sponsors and the stakeholders and can thus create an (...)
- 3 Factors that make an Information Technology Project different from the other Projects
- October 14th, 2013
In this podcast, Ricardo about the main differences in management technology projects as compared to other projects.
- Ego, Vanity and Jealousy: The Project Manager's Drama
- October 7th, 2013
In this podcast, Ricardo talks about ego, vanity and jealousy in the project environment. He gives tips on how we can deal with these personal characteristics that may directly or indirectly affect the project.
- Understanding the Project Closeout
- September 16th, 2013
In this podcast, Ricardo talks about the process of project closure. He explains the various reasons why it is important to make the closing correctly and lists the documents required for this phase of the project.
- Superman, Darth Vader or Poor Man? Who is Really the Project Manager?
- July 22nd, 2013
In this podcast, Ricardo gives his opinion about a topic discussed on social networks all the time: who is the project manager? Ricardo addresses three possibilities, would the project manager be a superman, an evil being or a poor man?
- How to do Stakeholder Analysis in Practice - Part 2 of 2
- June 24th, 2013
In this podcast, Ricardo ends the explanation of how to do the Stakeholder Analysis in practice. If you have not heard the first part, listen to it here: http://www.ricardo-vargas.com/podcasts/how-to-do-stakeholder-analysis-in-practice-part-1-of-2 (...)
- How to do Stakeholder Analysis in Practice - Part 1 of 2
- June 17th, 2013
In this special podcast, Ricardo teaches, in practice, how to do a Stakeholder Analysis. To follow the step-by-step shown by Ricardo, you will need this material: 3 large sheets of paper (i.e. flip chart size), tape, several post-it's and pens (or (...)
- June 11th, 2012
- 7752 views
- Tags: Carreira, Comunicações, Cultura, Gerenciamento de Projetos, Patrocinador do Projeto, Partes Interessadas,
Suggest a Podcast!
Got a theme suggestion for future podcasts?